Monday, December 22, 2014

How to say THANK YOU !





We shared with the doctor a special quilt I had made for him when Corban was still in cancer treatment.  I had hesitated despite feeling inspired to do so, but pushed on..  In our family we love quilts and we love them to be cozy! It was special fabric from a sweet friend that had brought it to me the night before Corban went into the hospital. I create when I am stressed.... I made 5 quilt tops while he was ill.  This one made me think of the Doctor.  I so appreciated the long journey of school and sacrifice to become the doctor he is.   To be a pediatric Doctor takes someone with a special heart and he certainly possesses it.   So we shared this with him from our hearts to his family hoping to share some of the warmth and love that he has given to our family during this journey. I hope it always reminds him of the impact and difference he makes in the world of kiddos with cancer and their families.
To add a special touch to his quilt a friend helped do some embroidery around two sides.  My son picked most of the words, I only had to help a little.  They are not perfect so it is a little like a word search game.  LOL!
These were the words.  Funny, Hilarious, Husband, Father, Chemo Master, Kindness, Doctor , healer, silly, humorous, caring, tease, crack up, laughter, love, Pediatrics  Crazy, Healer,City of Hope,  Doctor Saro Armenian, Survivorship program, Thanks for Everything, love Corban.
 You can see by this picture the Million reasons he is a wonderful doctor especially for our son.... Thank you!!!


No comments: